Come and meet Augusto Schillaci, one of the directors selected for the 13th Edition of the Festival du film Merveilleux et Imaginaire.
Born in 1975, in Argentina. Augusto Schillaci is a director, writer and Senior VFX supervisor. He directed multiple projects including the inaugural animated short films from the ‘Best Fiends’ mobile app franchise, animated commercial spots for LEGO Batman and Chevrolet as well as game cinematic for ‘Transformers’ and ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’. He held the role of Senior VFX Sup on Reel FX’s 3D feature films including the Golden Globe-nominated film, ‘The Book of Life’.
Film in competition – La Calesita
Synopsis: A heartfelt story of the beloved Argentinian merry-go-round operators who have dedicated their lives to providing fun and happiness to children and their neighborhoods. This is a story of perseverance and community above the individual.
Production: Reel Fx Animation
Country: Argentina, Canada, USA
Language: No dialogues
- Director, Script: Augusto Schillaci.
- Editing: Amy Grieshaber.
- Animation Supervisor: Sébastien Bruneau.
- VFX Supervisor: Elizabeth Hauser Hemme.
- Modeling Supervisor: Nathan Smithson.
- Music: Yazmina Raies.
- Sound design, Mix: TJ Callaway (MPSE), Frank Pittenger.
- Executive Producers: Steve O’Brien, Donna Henry.