Come and meet Florentina Gonzalez, one of the directors selected for the 13th Edition of the Festival du film Merveilleux et Imaginaire.
Born in 1991, in Argentina. Florentina Gonzalez studied animation and visual arts at the National School of Fine Arts of Buenos Aires where she now teaches. Her graduation film “Trompita y la migracion de liebres” (Little Trumpet and the migration of the hares) won numerous awards in festivals. She also works within the organization of the Argentinian festival “Bit Bang Fest Animation” and as a freelancer in various animation studios.
Film in competition – The World’s After
Synopsis: Mankind no longer exists, only Fluor and Carlix remain, two ghosts in sportswear. They wander among the remains of an extinct civilization, one in search of a WiFi connection, the other in search of the head of a giant cetacean. A story of encounter and friendship, punctuated by a final playlist: that of the end of the world.
Production: Autour de Minuit
Country: France, Argentina
- Director, Graphic design, Editing: Florentina Gonzalez.
- Script: Florentina Gonzalez, Luz Marquez.
- Animation: Marianne Lemoigne, Eloïse Rauzier, Jeanne Griseri, Marvin Moal, Suzanne Matharan.
- Compositing: Florentina Gonzalez, Pablo Kondratas.
- Music: Juana Molina.
- Sound design, Sound editing: Piste Rouge.
- Voice cast: Maruja Bustamante, Marcela Peidro.